Dear Fairbanks Families,
At last night’s board meeting, I presented recommendations on health and safety protocols for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. Earlier in the summer, we posted information about our continuity plan on the website. Much of that information is unchanged.
The following recommendations are based on local experience, collaboration with Union County Health Department, and collaboration with Union County school districts:
Full return to school
- Visitors and volunteers will be permitted
- Field trips, athletics, etc.
Continued safety protocols
- Morning well checks by parents
- Social distancing encouraged and when applicable
- Cleaning protocols
- Tests available in school clinic
- Routine ventilation checks
- Optional Mask Wearing
- Understanding that shifts may be implemented if needed
For the full superintendent’s report leading to the recommendations, please click here.
Fairbanks students, staff, and families have done a tremendous job to adapt and persevere over the last 18 months. It is exciting to continue to move in a positive direction together. We cannot wait to welcome all of you back to campus over the coming weeks!!
If you have any questions, please email me email@example.com or call our offices at (937) 349-3731 ext 1202. Have a great day!